Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Berries---coming soon

First: I finished the planting with peppers. Four plants (three varieties) of mildly hot peppers, including Mariachi, Joe Parker, and Ancho Chile, as well as two sweet peppers (found at Home Depot, which has a surprisingly broad selection of pepper plants). Also three different types of summer squash.

And then...the berries. I picked ripe raspberry today, although that looks quite early. I don't think there will be any significant raspberries for a couple of weeks. Also, the blueberries are beginning to turn blue. This year, I promise to be patient and let them ripen for a week or so after they turn blue. Provided the birds don't interfere. The ABD's* are deployed.

*ABD's are anti bird devices. In my experience they work early on, but the birds eventually catch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment