Sunday, May 10, 2009

More Planting

A little more, anyway. I put in the zucchini. I also put the cages around the tomatoes and the soaker hoses down. When everything is planted I will post some pictures of my system. (That's a fancy word for it.) Some more cool weather expected this week, so I thought I would wait until next weekend to plant the rest.

Mostly, I pulled up weeds in the parts of the garden I don't usually get to. Also, I tried to get all the raspberries away from the blueberry bushes. At this point, I always start to think I'm not going to get many blueberries, because the blossoms are gone, and the small green berries are hard to see. But I think it might really be the case next year.

One tomato plant didn't survive the transfer and wet weather of the past week. It's been replaced. Otherwise, they are all starting to show new foliage.

By the way, we had 3 inches of rain since last Saturday.

1 comment: