Sunday, April 19, 2009

Plant problems

My plants were going along very well...but now I've lost a couple of the cucumbers. Since those were the main reason that I wanted to start plants from seeds this year, this is frustrating. I'm starting a new set of cucumber plants since they should have enough time to at least get started.

Meanwhile, the tomatoes are too big! They were already big enough to plant last week, and I won't be able to put them out for another few weeks.

Today I replanted a couple in quart pots. I got the quart pots because I bought a couple of perennials for the hummingbird garden on the front deck, and planted them today. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to hope that the plants don't get too big for 3" pots.

2 comments:

  1. Might be groundhogs. We had a big problem with them last year (Although they waited til the flowers came for us)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they died in their little pots, long before I could plant them. So it wasn't groundhogs. Although I will have to post the story of the groundhog sometime.

    ReplyDelete