Sunday, April 12, 2009

Meanwhile, outside...

I've continued the weeding, and I now have three rows ready for planting. Which won't be in another month, so I guess I'll still be doing more work. But I've got the weeds up (mostly) and I put in compost in the spots where I am going to be putting in plants.

The row with only two white indicators is for melons.



I also put some attention into the raspberries this year. Normally, I just let them grow, but they have been rather sparse where I originally planted them. However, they did somehow jump (or go under) the barrier I put up, and a number of small raspberry plants were growing under the blueberries. Last year I tolerated this, but today I tried transplanting the very small (about 2" tall) plants into bare spots in official raspberry plot. Don't know how well this will work.

Oh yes, the blueberries are starting to show the blossoms. And the onions are starting to show up.

One thing is missing. Two years ago I planted a dill plant. It seeded, and last year I had lots of dill growing all over the south end of the garden. This year--nothing. I may have to buy another dill plant in May because I did like having the fresh dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment