Friday, June 28, 2013

Birds got the blueberries; Raspberries have started; and we are now eating kholrabis

Looks like I put the whole message in the title. Yes, each year I start letting the blueberries ripen and I get some. And just when I think I'm safe, I come out and discover that the birds have taken...not all the blue ones, just those that are perfectly ripe. And that's the end of the blueberries, since the birds will now carefully manage to harvest them as they ripen, leaving none for me.

And so much for the cat.

This does look like an excellent year for the kholrabis. I even planted them in two "shifts" so they wouldn't all get big at once. We had some tonight roasted, and they were good.

As for the raspberries, I'm picking about a cup a day now. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment