Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hot peppers and cooler weather

It had to come. But we had a remarkable run of hot weather in mid-September this year, and that kept the hot-weather crops producing. I'm still getting tomatoes, for example. But the past couple of days have been cooler, and I'm beginning to think it's the end of most things.

Still, it's been nice while it lasted. Lots of hot peppers, for example. Enough tomatoes for tomato sauce for the winter. And I'm still getting enough raspberries for my cereal every other day. I do like raspberries.

Not everything has worked out, and I need to make a full accounting soon. But enough that I have to think of this as a successful year, even after the cool start.

Update: Here's the picture--over 1 lb of hot (but not so hot) peppers. They went into the dryer.



No comments:

Post a Comment