Friday, July 1, 2011

Garlic time

I pulled up the garlic. There's a lot because the extra garlic in the back---which I didn't plant, it "naturalized" got included in the harvest. And there were a lot of bulbs back there. I did this once before some years ago, but I must have missed one or two. At least we'll have a lot of garlic, plus I'll try to save more for planting this year. Also, I tried braiding some garlic bulbs this year. We'll see how they come out.

Cucumbers are maturing at the rate of one every other day or so. Khlolrabi and Kale are still good.

I checked my records, and the earliest I've ever had a ripe tomato was July 16.The plants are completely out of control, and several have pushed over their cages. The usually happens in August.

Oh, and I think the birds have been getting to the raspberries. Not sure I begrudge them at this point, because we got a huge amount before they came in. Still, I wouldn't have minded more...

No comments:

Post a Comment